Yzma has to be one of the funniest villains to ever grace our screens and is possibly my favourite character from The Emperors New Groove. Originally the film was going to be more serious project, named 'Kingdom of the Sun' and the storyline was going to be based more on the story of The Prince and the Pauper, where the emperor would change places with Pacha. Yzma was once famed for her beauty and blamed her currently despairing looks on the sun and therefore planned to 'snuff it out' and plunge the kingdom into darkness. Personally I'm much happier they went down the road of comedy, even if it means that Yzma is robbed of having a kick-ass song (well not really, it's on the end of this post). Yzma is voiced by the late Eartha Kitt and her character design is based heavily on the scrawny Cruella De Vil.
I went a little more dramatic with this look, adding in some false lashes that are to be honest trumped by Yzma's. This was a lot of fun to do, not only for the research on Yzma but also getting to watch the film all over again! I hope you enjoy my crazy Yzma facial expression as well!
Eye Products Used
- Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles 'Redemption', 'Solitude' and 'Baudelaire'.
- Kat Von D High Voltage Primer in 'Stellar'
- GOSH Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in 'Love that Lilac!'
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in 'Zero'
- GOSH Brow Kit
- Brit Rocks Eyelashes
Face Products Used
- Witch Skin Clearing Primer
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation in 'Creamy Ivory'
- Sleek Contour Kit in 'Light'
- MeMeMe Concealer Loose Powder
Lip Products Used
- GOSH Light and Shine Lip Balm
- Superdrug Red Lip Tin
As an added bonus seeing as this my most popular post of all time, here's Yzma's song 'Snuff Out the Light'