Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Disney Villains Inspired Look: Yzma


Yzma has to be one of the funniest villains to ever grace our screens and is possibly my favourite character from The Emperors New Groove. Originally the film was going to be more serious project, named 'Kingdom of the Sun' and the storyline was going to be based more on the story of The Prince and the Pauper, where the emperor would change places with Pacha. Yzma was once famed for her beauty and blamed her currently despairing looks on the sun and therefore planned to 'snuff it out' and plunge the kingdom into darkness. Personally I'm much happier they went down the road of comedy, even if it means that Yzma is robbed of having a kick-ass song (well not really, it's on the end of this post). Yzma is voiced by the late Eartha Kitt and her character design is based heavily on the scrawny Cruella De Vil.

I went a little more dramatic with this look, adding in some false lashes that are to be honest trumped by Yzma's. This was a lot of fun to do, not only for the research on Yzma but also getting to watch the film all over again! I hope you enjoy my crazy Yzma facial expression as well!




Eye Products Used
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles 'Redemption', 'Solitude' and 'Baudelaire'.
  • Kat Von D High Voltage Primer in 'Stellar'
  • GOSH Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in 'Love that Lilac!'
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in 'Zero'
  • GOSH Brow Kit
  • Brit Rocks Eyelashes

Face Products Used

  • Witch Skin Clearing Primer
  • Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation in 'Creamy Ivory'
  • Sleek Contour Kit in 'Light'
  • MeMeMe Concealer Loose Powder
Lip Products Used
  • GOSH Light and Shine Lip Balm
  • Superdrug Red Lip Tin



As an added bonus seeing as this my most popular post of all time, here's Yzma's song 'Snuff Out the Light' 


10 comments:

Meredith Jessica said...

Siiiiiiick. Blending is amazing as always. Totally evocative of Yzma. Emperor's New Groove is totally underrated IMO.

Ruth said...

I have to say, I saw the title on Bloglovin and was like "Yzma... who? whatwhat?" But I recognised her once I saw the picture, so its all good xD Very much enjoy the crazy Yzma facial expression, too :P Where did you get the eyelashes? I love them!

LydiaTheStrange said...

@Meredith: It really is! I'm going to watch it again with my boyfriend tonight, it's such a funny film. I don't think my blending is anywhere near as good as yours though. :)

@Ruth: I forgot I even signed up to Bloglovin' haha! She's proof that funny villains do work, makes me crack up every time. The eyelashes were from Superdrug, they're the Perfect Girl ones in 'Brit Rocks, I cut mine smaller because they looked a bit too crazy when I applied the full strip. :D

Frog said...

I wrote a comment but blogger ate it. So I'll just say I love this and leave it at that xD

Loving the crazy face, too.

Britney said...

i love this look, i hope u do more looks like this, im nor following and would love ffor u too follow me please Britters89.blogspot.com

Lillian Funny Face said...

Awesome! I love Yzma, she's such a great character. Your look is beautiful, you're so fantastic at blending and your eyeliner is perfect!

Nailderella said...

OMG! I love your style! It's amazing!!!!!

LydiaTheStrange said...

@Frog: Aww! Thank you, sorry to hear your original comment got nom'd. Boredom leads to crazy face!

@Britney: Cheers, I've got quite a few planned in the pipeline if you've enjoyed this one. :)

@Lillian: I can't decide if I like Yzma or Kronk more, they're the best evil duo. Thank you so much! :D

@Nailderella: Why thank you, I just wish I had the time to do this in the mornings lol.

EsperMakeup said...

Love this look! ^.^

Dani Duffy said...

Love this look, such great colours and blending! Think I may have to rewatch that movie now! xxx