Saturday, 17 March 2012

Swatches: Barry M Eyeshadow Pencil

I was pretty excited to see these arrive on delivery earlier this week, and even more excited when they went on offer for 3 eye products for £10. While there were no testers available I once again took the plunge and bought them as they reminded me of the NYX jumbo pencils.


I purchased them in 'Gold Cream', 'Purple' and 'Gunmetal'. They're also arrived in similar shades but in waterproof eye liner form, but alas I already have too many eye liners that I need to use up. These are advertised as waterproof, smooth and long wearing.

'Gunmetal', 'Purple', 'Gold Cream'

I made good use of the sunshine today with my swatches, just to show off how lovely and sparkly they are. They glided on so smoothly with no drag at all. I imagine these would need a lot of sharpening as a I managed to use a fair amount of product just with these swatches. The purple is more of a plummy shade, but I love it none the less.

Regular Lighting

They are so difficult the budge! I'm not sure how resistant they'd be to creasing as I have yet to try them out for a day on my eyes, but I look forward to finding out. I saw these more of a shadestick investment so that my eyeshadow would appear more vibrant, so whether I could wear them alone I'm not entirely sure.

These come in a huge range of colours with golds, mossy greens and browns, so I can see myself returning for more of these if they perform well on my eyes. They're not actually on the website yet, but I'm sure they're already available in most Superdrug stores and Boots stockists. They cost £4.59 separately, but if you need an extra item for your 3 eye products for £10 I recommend you give one a go.

4 comments:

Lillian Funny Face said...

They're very pretty, I'd love to know how well they cope with creasing :)

Vijaya said...

These look really pretty. I need to not look at so many things that are only available in other countries.

LydiaTheStrange said...

@Lillian: I'm going to give away a spoiler right now,they are amazing at not creasing. I can't stop using the creamy gold one as my eyeshadow base. :)

@Vijaya: The concept of there not being a Barry M stand in the states very saddening, you guys are missing out on dazzle dusts! Then again, you have sephora and the Kat Von D line, whereas I only have eBay and super inflated prices that make me cry. D;

Oblivia said...

Hi, I was just looking for swatches of Gold Cream and Gunmetal and they'll be my next purchases! I can tell you that these, unlike the NYX Jumbo Pencils, don't crease at all when used as a base. Purple is amazing as a base for the purples in the Sleek Bad Girl palette.

Lou x